This is the developer’s kit for New Scale Technologies new, high-precision M3-FS focus module for OEM system designers. It’s a miniature focus system that you can use in your new handheld, portable and mobile devices. The developer’s kit allows you to easily evaluate the M3-FS Focus module performance using your PC and New Scale Pathway software.
M3 Focus Modules add precision focus to cameras in miniaturized instruments. They accept a 3.3V supply and simple high-level commands from your system processor. No external control board is needed.
Enquire about our Demonstration System now available for obligation free trial.
- Tiny “all-in-one” solution – No external control board needed
- Superior image quality – Sub-micron lens movement with very low tilt. The M3-FS has higher dynamic stability
- Low voltage & power – 3.3 VDC input, zero power position hold
- Simple system integration – Accepts high-level motion commands directly from your system processor over standard serial interface (I2C or SPI)
- Flexible, production-ready system – Accepts M8 to M16 lenses & compatible with typical image formats from 1/3” to 1/1.8”
- Lowest cost, fastest time to market – Fully-engineered “plug and play” solution
All M3 smart modules have embedded closed-loop control. No external control board is needed. They take simple high-level motion commands directly from the camera processor, making system integration fast, simple and cost-effective.
Precise lens position control (0.5 µm resolution) and best-in-class bi-directional repeatability enable you to capture the sharpest images in the shortest time. Designed for long life with high performance, M3 modules are not susceptible to temperature or power variations.
New improved dynamic stability and precision
The M3-FS focus module is a drop-in replacement for the original M3-F focus module. The aluminum structure and innovative ball bearing guide mechanism deliver a 3x improvement in tilt and accuracy. The M3-FS features superior dynamic stability, minimizing pixel shift with changing camera orientation. This makes it ideal for miniature handheld, portable and mobile systems. Maximum lens diameter is M16.
The original M3-F focus module, with molded polymer construction and a pin-bushing guide, remains an economical choice for lower precision requirements or fixed camera positions. Maximum lens diameter is M12.
Improve performance of high-resolution cameras in miniaturized systems including handheld, portable and mobile instruments. Applications include in-vitro diagnostics, robotic inspection, miniature microscopes, surveillance, remote sensing, biometric identification, imaging arrays, process control, machine vision, guidance, targeting and UAVs.