The PF32 from Photon Force is the only time-resolved photon-counting camera on the market with in-pixel timing electronics. This enables the time-tagging of incoming photons with an accuracy of 55ps. The applications that have already benefited from the PF32’s high throughput can be found here; why not add yours to the list?
There are 2 main PF32 variants, they both share the specifications listed below. The differences are in the readout speeds as detailed here.
- 32×32 Time Correlated Single Photon Counting (TCSPC) pixel array.
- Fully digital photon counting and timestamping (no analogue readout noise).
- Wavelength response available on request.
- In-pixel dual mode electronics:
- 55 ps resolution 10-bit Time to Digital Converter (TDC) time-stamping (1,023 time bins).
- 7-bit photon counting.
- Pipelined operation: simultaneous data acquisition and readout (no inter-frame dead time).
- Instrument response function ~ 200 ps.
- Programmable region of interest (permits higher frame rate for subset of pixels).
- Flexible readout via USB3 (permits higher frame rate for reduced number of counter/TDC bits) please see here for different modes and associated readout rates.
- External laser synchronisation input to provide TDC stop signal.
- Laser synchronisation output (for laser as slave operation).
- Single 5V power supply (included).
- Precision-machined aluminium enclosure with CS-Mount for lenses.