Photon Force is a recent startup in the image sensing community, building on the EC FP6 Funded Megaframe project and over a decade of successful research experience in time-resolved imaging from the CMOS Sensors & Systems Group at the University of Edinburgh. Their mission is to provide innovative, high quality, and accurate sensor technology to facilitate research, with an initial focus on the biomedical field. Until now, single photon detection and timing capabilities have only been available as separate, bulky, and low-throughput pieces of equipment. Photon Force products help speed up the research process by streamlining these features into a single, simple unit, easily integrated into your existing lab setup: the PF32 Time-Correlated Single-Photon Counting Camera. Contact Lastek in Australia and New Zealand for further details on Photon Force products.
- 32×32 Time Correlated Single Photon Counting (TCSPC) pixel array.
- Fully digital photon counting and timestamping (no analogue readout noise).
- Wavelength response available on request.
- In-pixel dual mode electronics:
- 55 ps resolution 10-bit Time to Digital Converter (TDC) time-stamping (1,023 time bins).
- 7-bit photon counting.
- Pipelined operation: simultaneous data acquisition and readout (no inter-frame dead time).
- Up to 300k frames/s transfer to PC via USB3 (dependent on mode and bit-depth of data).
- Instrument response function ~ 150 ps.
- Programmable region of interest (permits higher frame rate for subset of pixels).
- Flexible readout timing (permits higher frame rate for reduced number of counter/TDC bits).
- External laser synchronisation input to provide TDC stop signal.
- Laser synchronisation output (for laser as slave operation).
- Single 5V power supply (included).
- Precision-machined aluminium enclosure (CS-Mount for lenses).
Please consult the following paper for further details.
Computational time-of-flight diffuse optical tomography
Nature Photonics volume 13, pages,