This “smart stage” has all drive electronics integrated right into the compact stage housing – no external board needed! It offers unmatched precision, stability and ease of use.
- Integrated smart module: no separate electronics – USB, I2C or SPI interface
- Small size: from 29 x 20 x 10 mm to 32 x 32 x 11 mm including controller
- High resolution: 0.5 µm
- Long stroke: 6 mm or 15 mm
- Absolute encoding: no homing needed
- Low voltage, low power use
- High repeatability and low runout
- Quiet: so quiet you can hear a pin drop (video)
Unmatched precision, stability and ease of use
The piezo-driven positioning stage has 0.5 µm resolution for precise, repeatable positioning of optics, probes, sensors and more. Absolute encoding removes the need to home the stage on power-up, eliminating errors and disruptions in processes and experiments.
The M3-LS micro stage has high stiffness and lateral stability, no backlash, and less than 10 µm runout over its full travel range.
Direct input via USB, I2C or SPI
The M3-LS Smart Stage – a linear stage with embedded controller – accepts direct input of simple high-level motion commands. It is the only linear micro stage that can be driven directly from a system processor via standard I2C or SPI interface.
Alternatively, a USB adapter enables connection to a PC, with New Scale Pathway™ software providing an easy-to-use graphical user interface. You can control multiple positioning stages from a single screen for interactive operation. Employ the intuitive script generator to create command sequences for automated operations.
Low power use for hand-held systems
The ultra-compact M3-LS-1.8 Linear Smart Stage can be powered by USB or standard batteries.
The longer-travel M3-LS-3.4 Linear Smart Stage can run on batteries or a low-cost DC power supply.
The integrated piezoelectric motor holds position without using power. The internal electronics can be switched to sleep mode for extreme low-power applications.
A tiny all-in-one positioning stage that can be powered by standard batteries, the M3-LS linear micro stage is ideal for motion in hand-held and portable instruments.
- Create miniature microscopes and spectroscopy instruments.
- Miniaturize systems for micro assembly and biomedical probing or sampling.
- Use in high resolution tuning systems, targeting systems and UAV/UGV controls and optics.
- Develop miniature camera systems and more.
M3-LS micro stage developer’s kits provide easy evaluation and prototyping with M3-LS Linear Smart stages. Developer’s kits are available from New Scale and select reps and distributors. Contact New Scale regarding additional micro stages, brackets and flex cables for use with the developer’s kit to create 2-axis and 3-axis systems, or to inquire about volume pricing or customization of M3-LS Linear Smart Stage systems.